Title: Mulder's New Year's Resolutions
Rated: PG-13 (one mild cuss word).
Summary: Mulder decides a list of resolutions is in order. Spoilers: Season 2.
Category: M POV, Humour.
Feedback: Always welcome! firstname.lastname@example.org Archive:Gossamer, Ephemeral. Anywhere else, please ask and tell me where we've been.
Disclaimer:No monies earned; no copyright infringement intended. But I wouldn't leave them as orphans, either. Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and Fox Studios own the characters and the title.
J. Edgar Hoover Building
Office of the F.B.I.'s Most Unwanted (well HE thought so) December 31, 1995
12:22 p.m., E.S.T.
It was New Year's Eve and Mulder wasn't in the mood to party. Actually, it was only noon, and Scully had slipped out for lunch. The offer to join her was made, yet he felt there was something he needed to do.
Being a psychologist, he knew there was no sense in writing out a list of things to promise one's self to do and then end up pissed off at one's self for not meeting those lofty standards. However, his feeling was that he needed to straighten a few things out, and a new year was a symbol of fresh starts, new beginnings.
With pen in hand, he put words to paper:
This next year being 1996, I, Fox William Mulder do hereby resolve to accomplish the following tasks:
- Clean my apartment from top to botton, east to west, north to south and all points in between.
- Stock my refrigerator with more than just orange juice and beer.
- Cease and desist from leaving sunflower seed shells in company rental cars.
- Refrain from ditching Scully the next time the need to follow a lead in haste threatens to overtake me, because I want to live to see Samantha again and other things to happen.
- Continue to call Scully at night even just to ask if she knows if cats have bellybuttons.
- Wear a wrist band to snap everytime I am tempted to call Skinner "Chrome-Dome" while out at the bar.
- Kiss Scully passionately on the lips and wish her a Happy New Year tonight. This year.
- Duck in case she's tempted to give me a knuckle sandwhich, and my radar indicates no such thing would happen if I did do, but I will duck.
- Use all my training and leads to find Samantha and make up for all the lost years, my Mom's anguish, and the bitter trade-offs that have our family torn and tattered.
- Duck tonight.
Signed, this 31st day of December, 1995
Fox William Mulder.
If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Pattie
|Home/QuickSearch + Categories + Schedule + Rules + FAQ + Links/Lists + Contact|